Saturday, July 26, 2014

The quest to find a Beauty Blender dupe, Part 2

Hey beauties,

So as the title suggested this is the second instalment of my quest to find a dupe for the Beauty Blender. I won't go into too much detail about what the Beauty Blender is as you can read it here in my first instalment of this quest. I was suggested by one of my followers on instagram to try the Manicare Precision Blending Sponge, so of course i couldn't pass it up when it was on sale at priceline for $3.99AUD. Read on to find out my experience with it.



Okay so as you can see its actually a completely different shape to the BB but i understand the reasoning behind the different shape. The idea was the wider bottom is for the base such as foundations and the pointed top is for concealers and blending out highlights and contours etc. In theory the shape is well thought out but it just wasn't working for me. I didn't wet it like you usually wet the BB as i had asked my instagram followers if they had wet theirs and the general consensus was no. The blending sponge isn't as squishy (great wording) as the BB in a way that it feels quite a lot more denser and harder like i could throw it and it would bounce back.

So those were my first impressions before i even began using the sponge. I applied my foundation to the bottom of the sponge and started a bouncing action on my face as i would with the BB, and ouch it hurt a lot! I never thought a blending sponge could actually hurt my face and induce a headache as much as the Manicare Blending Sponge did, that being said i was getting sick so my body and pain receptors were not exactly working very well. I actually couldn't finish my face using the Blending sponge as it hurt my face that much and i wasn't using force behind it either, it also sucked up my makeup and didn't deposit much on my face at all.

So needless to say that the Manicare Precision Blending Sponge is definitely not a dupe for the BB and I personally wouldn't recommend buying it at all unless you want to have a sore face after doing your makeup. So the quest to find a Beauty Blender dupe continues..

Until next time.

Love Always,
Beauty with Claire
xx

Inbetween blogging you can find me on instagram here





No comments:

Post a Comment