Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The Best of Benefit Cosmetics

Hey Beauties,

This post as the title suggests is about Benefit Cosmetics, which if you follow me on instagram you will know that Benefit is my favourite brand ever which is a big call to make. The love affair with Benefit started in 2013 when i was in Melbourne, i needed a new concealer so naturally i went to MAC because i was young and naive anyway i stood at the MAC counter for 15 minutes and wasn't even acknowledged or anything, even though two employees looked at me so i walked away because i wasn't going to give my money to a store that didn't acknowledge my presence. So i wandered over to Benefit where i was greeted by this infectiously bubbly employee who was more than willing to help me. I ended up walking away with more than intended but boy am i glad she up sold as i wouldn't of experienced possibly my favourite Benefit product ever. The purpose of this post is to give you a bit of my opinion on Benefit products and to share my favourite products as i still find quite a lot of people unsure about Benefit products. So read on to find out my favourite products

the POREfessional Primer
This is a cult favourite without a doubt and is probably one of the most talked about primers I've found. Its a pore minimising primer that is also oil free and leaves your skin feeling silky and smooth and keeping your makeup on all day. I have combination oily skin and big pores so this baby is my saviour. I don't use it all over my face but instead i opt to use it just in places needed. Its quite pricey as its $53AUD but you can get it online on the Benefit site for cheaper.

Hervana
Benefit is renowned for their Box o'Powders which are essentially blushes in beautiful boxes. Im a sucker for packaging and Benefit always manages to ace it in that division. Anyway Hervana is a beautiful rose coloured blush that is so subtle but at the same time noticeable as well. Perfect for lighter skinned girls like myself, plus it smells amazing sometimes i just smell it because i can haha.


Hoola
Hoola is another Box o'Powder but this time its a matte bronzer that is perfect for contouring. The one i have is a deluxe sample i got in a kit my parents brought me for christmas and its lasted so long its astounding. This is another cult favourite as its the perfect contour shade no matter what skin colour you are. I will definitely be buying the full sized product once this one runs out which i don't see happening anytime soon.


BeneBalm
This is a new one to the collection but i can already tell its here to stay. These were only recently released on the US site and only very recently released in Australia i think last week. Anyway these balms are balm form of the infamous tints that Benefit makes, this one is of Benetint. I love the tints but i mainly use them for lip stains so when they released these i jumped on them. They are so easy to apply and you don't even require a mirror to apply them and they are super moisturising swell as their staying power is amazing. I am definitely going to buy all four of these.



Brows A Go-Go
Ahhhh last but not least Brows A Go-Go is literally my holiest of holy grails ever in the hall of holy grail products. This product is amazing and what started my love for Benefit and for brows in general. It contains two matte powders and a pomade swell as a powder and cream highlighter and tweezers and a little brush and mini eyeliner. As you can see this is well loved and sadly its coming to an end but its lasted me almost two years and i use it daily. The powders last all day and are perfect to fill in my brows and the pomade was good to fill in my gaps and line my brows. Im sad that they're not selling this anymore of the US site but once this runs out i will probably purchase Brow Zings which is similar to Brows A Go-Go.

So those are my holiest of holy grail Benefit products that are my go to's no matter what. I have so many products that i highly rate and i haven't actually used one of their products that i haven't loved. So if you're unsure about Benefit i definitely recommend going into one of their counters and having a play with their products or even getting your eyebrows done at their brow counter. 

That is all my beauties
Until next time..

Love Always,
Beauty with Claire
xx

Inbetween blogging you can find me on instagram: @beautywithclaire

Disclaimer: All products have been purchased by me and in no way is this post affiliated with the brand itself, it is simply my thoughts and opinions on the products

No comments:

Post a Comment