Thursday, July 10, 2014

Battle of the Concealers


Hey Beauties,

Today ill be giving all my thoughts on the concealers i own. As i have stated many times before i have horrendous dark circles and they are the bane of my existence. So I'm like many other girls that are probably trying to find the one concealer thats going to solve all our problems. Some girls may have found it, some maybe still searching for it. Read on to see if I've found 'The One' concealer.



Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer:  I had high hopes for this, so many high hopes that were sadly cut down. This concealer is said to wake you up and make you look awake i guess but it does nothing for me. It doesn't even cover my bags or dark circles or anything. I can't say much about this because i just don't think it does what it says its supposed to do. So i now use it as a a cream highlighter when i can be bothered.

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer: This is in the shade 'Light 10' which is a still bit too dark for my under eyes although it does blend into my skin well and 'fits me'. This is supposedly a dupe for the Nars Creamy Concealer which i can't comment on because i don't actually own it. Overall i thoroughly enjoy this concealer and it hides my dark circles well and it doesn't crease. Although its not the 'one'


Benefit Boi-ing Concealer: This was my first high end concealer i ever owned and i loved it for about a year when i was naive about concealers and didn't wanna try any other ones. I was loyal to it but not so much anymore. Its supposedly industrial strength but it creased something shocking on me and didn't cover my dark circles well. I found using a eye primer underneath helped prevent it creasing but still. I now use it as an under eyebrow highlight and to clean up my brows.

MAC Pro-Long Wear Concealer: Well this is a cult favourite and I've had a bit of an odd run with this. Firstly i smashed it within a week of having it, and thats when i realised how good it was and i needed it back in my life. I was matched with NW20 which i don't think suits me well although it covers up my dark circles it doesn't highlight at all. I do love this concealer a lot and it is one of 'the ones' for me but next time i repurchase I'm definitely going to get NW15 as i believe that it will be a little better of a match for my skin.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer:  Ahhhhh i love this concealer oh so much. It highlights my under eyes as well as conceals my dark circles. This is purely amazing and rivals high end concealers out there. This doesn't crease and its oh so easy to use. I can't really say much more but its amazing and if you want a good drugstore concealer this baby is for you.

So there you go, i have the two of 'The One' concealer that will solve all my concealer wishes. If you're in the same boat as me with dark circles for days then i definitely recommend looking at Mac Pro Long Wear if you're in the market for a high end concealer or Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer if you're in the market for a drug store concealer. 

I hope you enjoyed this post, if you did let me know in the comments!
Until next time..

Love Always,
Beauty with Claire
x

In between blogging you can find me on instagram:
@beautywithclaire

No comments:

Post a Comment