Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Beauty Favourites under $20

Hey Beauties,

So this is an exciting post for me because if you follow my instagram you'll know by now that I'm a lover of drug store products and most of my collection is drug store as I'm a broke uni student and I'm always on the hunt for bargains. So i decided i would share my absolute favourite products that are under $20AUD. As I'm from Australia its actually amazing when drugstore products are under $20 as the mark up over here is ridiculous which sucks but I'm not going to dwell on it because I'm used to it and thats just how it is. So read on to find out my beauty favourites for under $20.



Models Prefer Perfect Canvas Mattifying Primer: This primer has been mentioned in so many posts because well i really love it! I have combination/oily skin and this does wonders to my skin. Definitly worth checking out as its only about $16.99AUD and it last forever!

Australis Fresh and Flawless Pressed Powder: Whenever i write about this powder the song 'I will always love you' by Whitney Houston instantly starts playing in my head. I have been using Australis for what seems forever and i will continue to use it forever. This powder literally leaves you looking flawless and its amazing and compact and so easy to just throw in your bag for touch ups during the day. The only down side is there are literally only 3 shades available and i have all three, the darkest being for when I'm tan and its not even dark at all. That being said if you are lighter skinned or tanned definitely give this baby a go as its only $11.40AUD.


Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer: This baby is amazing! I have horrendous dark circles and for a drug store concealer this little guy is always saving me from looking like i haven't slept in 10 years. As per the 'unwritten rules of drugstore products' there is only a few shades of this concealer but I'm fair so this is perfect. Its about $18AUD and I've had this for awhile now. Its a bit on the higher end for a concealer but its definitely worth it.

Australis Finishing Powder: This finishing powder is so finely milled for a drug store product it constantly amazes me. It leaves your skin so soft and keeps your makeup amazing all day and its something ridiculous like $12AUD so its practically a steal and wow. I will always repurchase this finishing powder and i have recommended it to so many people that are just buying their first finishing powder.


Nyx Blush: This isn't drugstore per say because its from Target but still its under  20 dollars and i love it so I included it. This is in the shade 'Pinched' which is supposedly a dupe for Nars 'Orgasm' Blush which i don't actually own. Regardless this blush is so pigmented and full of colour with a tiny gold flecks in it which you can just notice when you put it on. I literally always grab this blush when I'm unsure what colour i feel like wearing. I wish we had more colours of the Nyx blushes in Australia.

Maybelline Color Tattoo: This guy is probably my most worn eyeshadow ever, its in the shade 'Barely Branded' and it literally is the most perfect everyday shade to wear. Its a light cream colour with the tiniest hint of shimmer and it stays on forever, to the point that i have to scrub my eyes to get it off. The only downside is that i found using a brush to apply this just doesn't work as it can come out quite patchy and weird but thats because the product is in cream form and i think it needs to be warmed up a little before hand, so i just use my ring finger to apply it which warms it up as well and its perfect. I literally went through a stage where i wore this everyday for about a month.

Maybelline Colossal Volume Express Mascara: This is probably the longest used product i have in my makeup collection, i have been repurchasing this since it came out which was a few years ago now and before this i was using the Falsies mascara by Maybelline which i think is exactly the same. Either way i absolutely love this mascara as it lengths and adds volume without making my eyelashes clumpy at all, which is hard because i have long spidery lashes which are sometime impossible to build volume with but this bad guy always saves the day. I will always repurchase this mascara no matter what.

That is all my beauty favourites under $20 dollars. Leave a comment below letting me know your beauty favourites and if you liked this post.

Until next time.

Love Always,
Beauty with Claire
xx

Inbetween blogging you can find me on instagram here

2 comments:

  1. Do you have any other NYX blushes? Are they pigmented?
    x cass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey girl! no i don't actually but from what i can tell they are very pigmented and amazing! Definitley worth the money xxx

      Delete