Thursday, July 17, 2014

Winter beauty and skincare essentials

Hey beauties,

This post is going to be a long one as i decided to combine both my winter beauty essentials and my winter skincare essentials. I generally have combination/oily skin in most seasons apart from winter where my skin goes dry and feels tight in a way (if that makes sense). So i actually need to change what skincare products i use and even what makeup i use. This post will be split into beauty and skincare, so read on to find out what my essentials are!
Skincare Essentials:

Lip Care:
Winter is notorious for drying peoples lips out, mine included. This is due to going from hot and cold, so pretty much one extreme to another as well as the wind generally dries lips out. I literally always have lip balm on me no matter what, i kinda feel naked without it. Im constantly putting lip balm on when I'm not wearing lipstick. But this winter my lips have been feeling super chapped no matter what i do, luckily Chapsticks Night Repair has been my saviour so has Lush Cosmetics Bubblegum Lip scrub which scrubs away all the flakey bits. I lather on the Night repair just before i go to bed and it soothes my lips over night.

Moisturisers and Face Masks:
Winter is when i overload on facial moisturisers and start using heavier nightly moisturisers and more hydrating moisturisers. BioElixia Eye Brightening fluid has changed my life, it literally makes my eyes less puffy and more bright which i love, i have a full review available here so jump on over to read my full thoughts on it. I was also sent IndeedLabs Hydraluron*  which is a hydrating serum that is said to penetrate the skins surface to provide lasting hydration, i use this every second day after i shower to provide my skin with that extra bit of hydration that it needs during winter. As for the face mask, i love love love Formula 10.06 face masks and i think this one is the best I've used. It brings out an impurities and helps clear your pores and it leaves my skin super soft and clear.

Body Lotions:
Im a sucker for soft skin no matter what time of the year, and i literally have raved about SugarBaby's Hello Hamptons hand and body cream in Coconut and Vanilla so many times, purely because its amazing. Its something like $12.95AUD which is pretty cheap and it leaves my skin so soft and amazing. It also smells so heavenly, definitely worth taking a look at. Even though its also a hand cream i also love the Dirty Works Hand Cream which contains Cocoa Butter and Jojoba Oil and it smells heavenly. I have only recently started using it and i must say it makes my hands super soft and i haven't had any dry cracked hands this winter which i must say is due to using this hand cream.

Miscellaneous Skincare:
So these two products aren't even skin care really but i thought id include them. Marc Jacobs is notorious for his amazing perfumes which always smell like flowers and generally have a flowery name to them. I literally always have one or two Marc Jacobs perfumes that i rotate but lately I've been finding myself reaching for Lola more often. I find its a beauty winter perfume that smells flowery and musky but more winter based (if that makes sense), if any one has Daisy which is quite a summery scent this is the winter version of that which is more of a winter scent. Last but not least for skincare is the Face of Australia Instant Tan, this was raved about in one of Lauren Curtis's earlier videos and i understand why. I actually generally don't tan in winter because who wants to be standing around waiting for your tan to dry in the freezing cold, but this tan has made me want to tan all winter. It dries so quickly but it is easy to work with and leaves you with a beautiful golden glow. By the time i have finished tanning I'm actually able to jump into my pi's without having to worry about it going streaky thats how quickly it dries. Perfect for winter.

Beauty Essentials:

Foundations:
As i said earlier after discovering the Face of Australia tan i have found myself tanning more in winter which is perfect because it means i get to use my baby aka Loreal True Match more often. I love love love this foundation, it leaves me looking so flawless and amazing and i find it even makes my pores disappear! I have it in the shade N2 Vanilla which is a little dark for me in winter but perfect for me when in summer or when i tan. Loreal True Match used with Australis Fresh and Flawless in Darkest Brown is the perfect tan combo. Fresh and Flawless is one of my holy grail powders and it probably will continue to be no matter what. 

Eyes:
So in winter for my eyes I'm all about that waterproof as i generally get caught in rain and i don't enjoy looking like a panda, but then again what girl does? The Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow is waterproof which is perfect for winter as i always know that even if my face does get wet at least my eyebrows will still look flawless (priorities). I've also found myself using the Nyx Wonder Pencil in Light for my water line to help me look awake and fresh which is perfect for winter as my eyes generally look dull, this combined with Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded is literally all I've been wearing this past month on my eyes. Its literally the perfect combo for winter and it stays all day which is even better.

So those are my beauty and skincare essentials for winter. I hope you enjoyed this post and feel free to leave your thoughts in a comment below.

Until next time..

Love always,
Beauty with Claire
xx

Inbetween blogging you can find me on instagram:
@beautywithclaire

*Although i was gifted this product, i provide my honest opinion and would never post about products i don't full believe in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment